Kennel Team Leader - FT
A Kennel Team Leader on our team is a designated senior staff member within the Kennel Department. Responsible to assist the Kennel Manager in responding to staff questions and troubleshooting operational issues. As a Kennel Team Leader, this position is responsible for the proper feeding, handling and care of animals admitted to and boarded by the SFAHS, as well as for the cleaning and maintenance of the kennel equipment and facilities. This person is also responsible for providing high levels of service to co-workers and customers.
What you will do!
- Respond to routine questions/issues that arise from staff during daily operations.
- Provide job coaching and provide performance input as needed.
- Assist Kennel Manager in ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Lead and assist new orientation training for new hires/kennel assistants.
- Assist Kennel Manager as needed to make decisions to euthanize animals with dangerous behavioral issues and for medical issues.
- Assist Kennel Manager with other projects as assigned.
- Follow proper admittance procedures for all animals: put animal in kennel; provide food, water and blanket; document entry into system.
- Treat animals humanely both on and off the job; transmit these values to others.
- Provide daily animal care: food, water, etc.
- Monitor animals daily; report signs of illness, changes in eating habits, loss of weight, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Monitor animals daily for external and evident internal parasites; report any issues.
- Insure assigned kennel areas are checked, cleaned and thoroughly sanitized in a timely and proper manner.
- Disinfect and rinse animal dishes, litter boxes and other items used in housing and feeding of animals.
- Ensure laundry is completed on a daily basis.
- Assist other kennel staff, and veterinary staff, with animal care.
- Assist with transfer of animals to foster care and/or adoption: vaccinate, temperament testing, micro-chip, flea-test and data entry.
- Follow and enforce SFAHS safety procedures; make sure MSDS information as maintained.
- Document admittance and release as needed; document issues related to animal care.
- Provide high levels of customer service to co-workers and customers.
What you will need!
- Must be able to work well with all types of animals.
- Must be able to deal professionally and tactfully with customers and staff at all times.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Job requires a high degree of working with animals.
- Physical exertion is in the ‘medium’ range, requiring exertion of up to 50 pounds of force fairly regularly, and up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
- Job includes major amounts of handling animals, including reaching, standing, walking, talking and hearing; moderate amounts of kneeling, stooping, crouching and feeling; some pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, fingering and repetitive motion.
- Must have a sufficient visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of work assigned to staff members, and to make general inspections and observations of animal care and treatment.
Day shifts for FT position will include 5 shifts on Monday-Sundays, weekends included with this role, 7am-4pm/9am-6pm shifts flexibility needed. Must be 18 years or older. Join our team of caring, amazing animal lovers!!
Competitive compensation plus some benefits with fun employee events/parties! Apply today!!