Franz Witte (rhymes with “Bronze Kitty”) is on a mission to beautify, enhance, and preserve Idaho’s outdoor living spaces — and you can be a part of that cause.
Established in 1971, the company bears the name of its founder, Franz Witte, Jr. His legacy of designing and building high end residential landscapes earned the reputation of quality, reliability, and exceptional artistry. 50 years later, we remain one of the top names in the Treasure Valley for landscaping, landscape maintenance, and retail garden supply. With nearly 150 employees and two locations, we’ve preserved Franz’ legacy while staying ahead of our clients’ needs in an ever changing world.
Franz Witte is unique in that we service the entire landscaping vertical market (garden retail, design & construction, and maintenance). Each department addresses our customers’ different sets of needs:
Shoppers come here to be inspired. Our inventory is hand-selected from regional growers and home & garden suppliers, and our staff is knowledgeable in Idaho horticulture. When customers seek guidance, we offer a listening ear and personalized recommendations. It’s our employees who help them feel empowered to take on their project, and confident that they will succeed.
Homeowners and general contractors depend on subcontractors to do quality work, on time and on budget. Our entire team, from sales and design, to production, foremen, and laborers are all solution oriented. We prioritize both the client’s vision, and the long-term success of the project. And so our reputation is well earned; and it starts with our people. Come join the team that takes the most pride in building Idaho’s finest communities.
Every HOA resident who takes a walk or drive through their neighborhood should experience the joy of nature. Every tenant or guest of a commercial campus deserves clean grounds, healthy looking plants, and an inviting space to work or commute. Behind the scenes to make it happen are the HOA reps and property managers who rely on a relationship with contractors like us. Franz Witte listens to our clients and stays ahead of their concerns — making their lives easier. Our employees maintain those relationships, as well as the properties, that bring joy to so many people in the Treasure Valley.
If you’re purpose-driven, a team player, and want to make a difference, apply to become part of the flamingo team!
Manage a crew and job site for the timely completion of service routes while maintaining the company’s high standard of quality and safety.
What You’ll Do:
• Direct and lead a crew of 2-5 people
• Manage crew time and routes
• Operate power tools and equipment
• Accountable for proper care, maintenance, and use of all tools and equipment assigned to your team
• Mow and edge lawns; control weeds in beds
• Blow off hardscapes
• Prune trees and shrubs
• Snow removal
• Maintain timely work attendance, attend safety meetings and facilitate training to crew
• Other duties as assigned
Skills We’re Seeking:
• Good English and communication skills with crew and clients
• Track time accurately and timely by project and employee based on tasks and budgets
• Proficiency in operating all equipment and tools used on jobsites
• Landscape services experience and plant care knowledge
• Current, valid Idaho Driver’s License
• Be able to comfortably drive a truck with trailer
• Dependable, enthusiastic and willingness to learn and work hard
• Be able to lift 50lbs and work outside in all 4 seasons
• Direct others and work safely as a team
• Be able to take instruction and give feedback on crew and safety issues to manager
• Be able to apply pesticides when needed (primarily weed control and fertilizations)
• Work 10+ hrs. a day Monday-Friday with Saturday work as the season requires
Compensation & Benefits:
• Industry leading compensation (Overtime after 40hrs/week)
• Retirement with company match
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• Medical, dental, vision benefits available
All employees are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.