Hardsuit Labs, located in Seattle, was founded in 2015 with the same goal as every other game development studio that has ever existed – to make great games. What sets us apart is the way we make that happen:
It’s all about our people.
It takes talented, driven people to make great games. Here at the Lab, we work hard to create and to maintain an environment that not only attracts those people and keeps them here, but that allows them to thrive and to do what they do best – to make great games. It’s not always as easy as it sounds, but it really is that simple.
We might as well admit it: we’re obsessive about our people and our culture here at the Lab. We believe in hiring a mix of seasoned industry veterans and talented young upstarts, but talent and shipped titles aren’t enough; we’re looking for people who bring a variety of experiences and perspectives – people who we can spend time with, and people who can navigate the unpredictable waters of modern game development as a tight-knit group.
We believe in low turnover, and take steps to guard against the “staff-up and lay-off” cycle that is so common in this industry. When we hire, we hire for the long term, and we’re unapologetically picky about it.
About the Job
Hardsuit Labs is looking for a Gameplay Animator! If you are a skilled in-game animator with a deep knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics, we want to hear from you. Must have experience animating both stylized and realistic characters. The right person should have experience with keyframe and motion capture animation. We are looking for someone who excels at problem-solving, communication and has a passion for animation. This is a full-time staff position, located in Seattle, Washington.
- 3+ years game animation experience or related entertainment industry experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the game art production pipeline.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters.
- Experience working with motion capture data.
- Must be proficient in Maya and Motion Builder.
- Strong interest in Video Games, storytelling, and Movies.
- Mesh Skinning Vertex weighting experience a plus.
- Experience with motion capture data and the mocap pipeline.
- UE4 experience.
- Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline.
- Demo Reel
- Must be willing to complete an animation test if requested to do so.
We take our commitment to our people seriously, and we make sure that our benefits directly reflect that commitment; we’re always looking to improve quality of life for our people in any way we can.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- FSA for Healthcare and/or Dependent Care
- 401K Program + Company Match
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- 9 Sick Days / 9 Holidays