Title Business Development
Reports to Sales Manager
APi National Service Group (APi NSG) is a national, self-performing provider of code required testing and inspections, repair/maintenance, and retrofits of building fire suppression and life safety systems. With the banking, bonding and financial backing of a multi-billion-dollar parent company, APi Group, Inc., we represent a family of more than 44 companies within the Life Safety, Industrial and Specialty Construction industries.
This position is designed to assist APi National Service Group with sales growth. You will be part of a team that will work cohesively to secure regional and national fire protection contracts. We are a company that is responsible in ensuring APi Group and its customers benefit from the synergy of growing and executing the service business.
APi NSG Core Values
- Developing creative solutions to increase the value we provide our stakeholders.
- Enriching the lives of our employees through development.
- Building personal relationships to foster collaboration and
- Fun, adaptable and energetic
Key Job Responsibilities
- Generate new sales opportunities.
- Develop strategic growth plan for assigned vertical market(s).
- Work with Sales Representatives to develop proposals and close new customer accounts.
- Identify opportunities for growth in industries or areas where APi National Service Group is not currently focused.
- Consistently look for ways to improve our sales process and implement new strategies.
- Attend a variety of off-site engagements such as customer meetings, tradeshows, branch office visits, etc. in order grow relationships and obtain new business (travel as required).
- Manage expenses in a responsible manner.
- Inform leadership of changes in the marketplace and current challenges.
- Review customer contracts as needed.
- Develop a fire protection program that makes our customers lives easier, more productive, less stressful and helps solve current issues.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Build solid relationships with our branch offices and other APi employees on a regular basis in order to strengthen your professional network.
- Develop and maintain a general knowledge of NSG processes in order to speak intelligently and make decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Telephone customer service aptitude
- Strong oral and written English communications skills
- Prioritization and management of multiple tasks
- Dependable, accurate, and detail oriented
- Posture to present to senior level leadership
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs
- 2-3 years sales or business development experience
Preferred skills and abilities
- Industry knowledge of fire protection and inspection industry (not required)
- Working hours of 7:30AM – 4:30PM
- Office environment, climate controlled