Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Sales Rep is responsible for the promotion, sale and installation of Special Hazards, Alarm and Detection fire protection products and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify new business opportunities, develop and execute a sales plan in order to acquire new business in line with Company growth objectives.
- Build & maintain relationships with Vendors, Contractors, Engineers, Facility Managers & Building Owners in order to help Davis-Ulmer become & remain a valued Fire Protection partner.
- Evaluate current regional marketplace and competitors, and develop sales strategies, appropriate margins and overall sales goals.
- Prepare cost estimates and bid proposals based on evaluation of construction documents such as drawings, specifications and sub-contract agreements.
- Contact existing and potential customers to determine fire protection and security needs and evaluate installation options.
- Build relationships with customers to capture a full range of fire protection services including fire alarm and suppression installations, CCTV and access control, sprinkler installations, as well as repair and inspection of existing systems.
- Read, interpret and apply technical design requirements of fire protection codes, manufacturer’s technical data, building codes, insurer criteria, and other applicable documents.
- Perform preliminary survey of existing buildings to determine costs associated with the economical installation of fire protection systems.
- Coordinate sales to design and project management turnover.
- Coordinate with other departments within the Company on joint projects.
- Make routine site visits during the installation phase to evaluate overall project performance and uncover opportunities for change orders.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- May supervise field technicians
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via phone and in writing.
- Requires accuracy and attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to learn about current and future products to be sold by the Company.
- Requires technical strength in low voltage, logic, programming, controls, etc.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, with good follow through
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED required; minimum of Associate's degree preferred
- Prior experience in Fire Alarm and/or Special Hazards Systems sales
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of systems (i.e. High-Rise Fire Alarm, Campus Fire Alarm, Voice Evacuation, Mass Notification, Gaseous Suppression, Pre-action Sprinkler) with Interconnection to other Building Systems is a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- NICET certification is not required, but is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- Does require the ability to drive to customer locations
- Will require working in the field at job sites from time to time with exposure to dust, fumes, and higher levels of noise
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran