Atlas Oil is seeking truck drivers who hold a CDL class A with HazMat and Tank endorsement, to load and unload Liquid Bulk Chemicals to various customers locally, regionally and OTR.
Are you looking to DRIVE for a company that provides Competitive Pay and a Full Dispatch Daily? Do you want to be a part of a team that believes in a strong commitment to safety? LOOK NO FURTHER!!
Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdingscompany. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
$1000 Sign-On Bonus
Pay: up to 350 miles start 26% of load.
351 miles or more, $.58 per mile loaded, $.45 per mile empty
Atlas Oil offers a full benefits package:
$250 Quarterly Performance Bonus
Driver Referral Bonus
Paid time off.
Six paid holidays, plus paid birthday holiday, 1 paid floating holiday and 1 paid community service day
Medical, dental, and vision
401K with 50% company match of the first 1%-6% contributed
Profit sharing program
Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
Tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
Please go to www.atlasoil.com/careers to apply online
For more information please call 844-426-5627 or call jack, (313) 550-2294
Truck Driver Qualifications:
- CDL A with HazMat and Tank endorsement
- TWIC card – obtain within 30 days of hire
- 2 years tractor/trailer driving experience in all weather conditions
- Good driving record
- Knowledge of basic math to verify quantities and volumes
- Physically capable of heavy lifting, loading and unloading tanker trucks, bending, squatting, climbing onto the top of the tanker, pulling/carrying hoses and nozzles weighing 50 lbs.
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded properly with correct product for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Logistics Coordinator
- Loads chemicals as instructed at designated supplier/vendor/customer
- Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVIR’s (Pre and Post Trips), Orders and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures tickets match orders.
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels.
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers
- Keeps Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries or vehicle problems
- Completes work as assigned by Logistics Coordinators. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle issues
- Ensures truck is kept clean and cab is cleaned daily
- Informs Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Required to drive occasionally in hazardous conditions, including weather, tight quarters, and blighted areas
- Complies with Performance Measures, including:
- Avoids overfills, spillages or transmixes during deliveries or while loading and unloading
- Deliveries are made in an efficient and safe manner
- Minimizes delays on routes
- No tickets or moving violations
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader are satisfied with work performance
- Customer is satisfied with work performance (evidenced by lack of complaints)
- Notifies, in advance, Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader of any absence, late arrivals or early departures consistent with policies, procedures and practices
- Truck is neat, clean and in proper operating condition at the end of each shift
- Paperwork and reports are up-to-date and accurate
- Tardiness and absenteeism is within the acceptable range
- Logistics Coordinator/Team Leader is continually kept in formed of any potential problems with customers, jobs, delivery deadlines, accidents, tickets, injuries or other relevant matter
- Supplemental Job Functions to Include:
- Attends all scheduled Driver Meetings
- Identifies potential sales leads via route/customer communications
- Other related duties as required
- Primarily outside work, driving large tanker vehicle
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position with climbing on/off truck and loading/unloading
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
Required Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent