Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
Core Purpose: Building enduring relationships and strong communities
- Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
- Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been transforming the American landscape.
Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for more than 70 years, KAis consistently ranked by Engineering News Record among the top 50 general contractors in the United States. Our base of operations in Minnesota is supplemented with regional offices, extending our capabilities coast to coast.
This position will be responsible for greeting visitors and employees in a friendly and helpful manner, making them feel comfortable while waiting. This position will operate a busy, multi-line telephone system, answering incoming calls, and directs calls to the appropriate personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves messages from voicemail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of call, and forwards the call to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Coordination and Procurement of office supplies while ensuring a clean and organized stock area.
- Special event coordination.
- Monitors visitors’ access.
- Maintains a neat lobby, reception area, and breakrooms, including putting plans and materials away each night that are left behind counters.
- Schedules conference rooms and maintains neat, tidy appearance of conference rooms at all times.
- Provides administrative support to other office staff as needed. See Project Coordinator job description for the duties in that position.
- Maintains security system, adding/deleting users as needed. Training new users as needed.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail. Receives deliveries, packages, drawings, etc. and distributes in a timely manner. Prepares outgoing mail.
- Maintains fax and copy machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Prints and scans fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing sub-lists, photocopying, and collating.
- Maintains phone system, including programming the phones, calling for service when needed, upgrading phones, training new employees in phone usage. Updates employees’ phone information on office phone list.
- Assists with data entry and updates the CRM, as needed.
- Protects organizations value by keeping information confidential and maintains client confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent customer service and positive attitude
- Excellent typing speed with a low error rate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package, including
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance & Disability
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact