McGough is a respected partner that brings five generations of experience to high profile, unique and complex construction projects. We take great pride in our people and their extraordinary expertise in planning, development, construction and facility management. McGough employee tenure reflects the commitment and pride we share in our work. Ask anyone who knows us - the caliber of our people sets us apart.
MCGOUGH FACILITY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
The position is responsible for providing assistance to McGough Facility Management’s (MFM) facility management team and the properties they manage. The position will perform a wide range of functions including administrative tasks, vendor coordination, client relations, client workorder/maintenance requests, and organization of information and property data.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Valid Driver’s License
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Outlook and MS Office skills including the ability to create and use complex Excel spreadsheets
- Previous workorder system experience
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on building emergency related matters
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction from multiple managers
- Desire for continuous job growth
- Facility and/or Property Management experience
- Desire to obtain Facility Management credentials (i.e. RPA, FMP)
- Bachelor’s degree
Office and Travel:
Occasional travel between managed properties is necessary.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the McGough Facility Management team in all areas of business operations.
- Provide direct support to Senior Facility Managers to ensure timely and quality service delivery to clients.
- Review work orders daily and distribute as needed.
- Weekly follow-up on open work orders to determine and assist with special requirements/needs and status of completion.
- Responds to client inquires and ensures timely and quality service by assigning work orders to Technicians and/or vendors
- Maintain daily communication with Senior Facility Managers and Engineering/Technician staff.
- Coordinate vendor services for client sites, and as needed meet vendors on-site to facilitate access.
- Create and maintain files on work orders, proposals, client information, preferred vendor listings and all other department files.
- Create vendor files and check accuracy on completed paperwork submitted by or for vendors.
- Assist vendors on MFM’s work order and billing procedures, and code vendor invoices for Senior. Facility Manager approval.
- Assist in pricing for miscellaneous and ongoing projects.
- Provide back-up for facility management calls and coverage for Senior. Facility Manager absences.
- Coordinate client, vendor and sub-contractor meetings.
- Interface as needed with MFM staff, clients, tenants, vendors and visitors.
- Track Certificates of Insurance and update/research as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Communication, Analytical Skills and Financial Knowledge:
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, coworkers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external audiences.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions and solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
The physical requirements listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position involves sitting for extended periods of time at employee’s work station and during meetings as well as while traveling, either by plane or car. Employee needs to be able to lift up to 20 pounds as frequently as needed to move objects; dexterity to write and manipulate computer keyboard and mouse; ability to hear and speak clearly; and ability to distinguish between colors on graphs and charts. Employee must be able to walk, bend, reach and stoop to evaluate the condition of a property or jobsite.
Occasionally, employee may be required to visit construction jobsites which may expose the employee to dirt, dust, uneven surfaces, outdoor weather conditions and extreme temperatures.