Company: CFC Construction, Inc.
Location(s): Golden, Colorado, United States
Description: CFC is a general contractor/construction manager founded on the traditions of work hard, work smart, build well and have fun each day. CFC enjoys strong client relationships and strives to foster team excellence on each project with our clients and design partners. Our motto is REAL BUILDERS. REAL RESULTS. CFC's project portfolio includes mountain resort facilities, hospitality, commercial and multi-family residential. Primary markets are metro-Denver and Colorado ski areas. As a forty year old private company annual volumes of completed work exceed $100 million.
Position Requirements: Reports directly to the Chief Estimator. Leads or assists in the preparation of accurate and timely bids and estimates. Provides estimating services on a number of assigned projects. Is a working member of the preconstruction team and accountable for her/his own work and the contribution to the team’s and company’s success.
CFC’s expectation is that the Estimator is a key position within the company. Client relationships are critical. The Estimator will be capable of producing accurate and timely quantity surveys and estimates that are consistent with the company’s goals for safety, quality, schedule and profit. Successful experience building and estimating large, difficult projects and concrete structures; including a mixture of commercial and multifamily projects is very important; as is a quest for continuous improvement in construction and management techniques.
- Keeps supervisor informed of estimating workload
- Lead new work procurement by producing and participating in estimates, working with subcontractors, and participating in proposals and presentations
- Performs detailed drawing and specifications review
- Performs detailed quantity takeoff and unit price estimating
- Performs initial estimate of direct pricing items
- Performs logistics studies for general conditions pricing
- Builds the bid day closing sheet
- Builds bid recap scope sheets accounting for all divisions of the work
- Creates bid solicitations and instructions to bidders
- Participates in updating contractor bidders list and soliciting new bidders
- Logs all contract documents, addenda and supplemental information
- Performs constructability review
- Places advertisements for bids as assigned
- Leads or assists in bid day activity
- Performs final bid closing reconciliation
- Presents or assists in presenting bid proposals
- Supports estimating strategies on assigned projects
- Analyze risk exposure for all assigned projects
- Initiate and maintain positive working relationship with clients and consultants to facilitate successful project execution
- Represent the company in project meetings
- Collaborate with operations staff during design development, bidding and hand off
- Ensure project safety standards and environmental programs are appropriately addressed in project estimates
- Assist in all aspects of project planning and estimate reviews, as required
- Review all assigned estimates for accuracy and completeness and overall presentation prior to internal review by the Chief Estimator
- Meet established deadlines for work product
- Display consistent and exceptional leadership skills
- Continuously cultivate and maintain positive relations with multiple sources (A/E’s, sub-contractors, consultants, trade association, etc.) and help facilitate the company-wide proactive cultivation of relationships
- Be an excellent communicator and an ambassador for the company
- Thorough knowledge of building systems, current market pricing, and practical application of modern quantification and estimating technique from Conceptual and Schematic Design through final GMP budgets.
- Detail oriented and the ability to produce accurate and timely quantity surveys and estimates for large building projects.
- Ability to hit established deadlines
- Demonstrated passion for estimating
Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field.
5 – 10 years of progressive experience in the construction industry, with the majority of time spent in estimating and project management on commercial and multi-family residential projects.
Applicants must reside in or have immediate plans to relocate to the Denver Metro area. Denver area experience preferred
Commensurate with experience.
- Health and Dental insurance
- Voluntary supplemental insurance
- Health Saving Account
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan