BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. In addition to the commercial portfolio, in the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects., BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
Building and Land Technology (BLT) is seeking an Analyst for its real estate investment/development team. The Analyst will assist in financial analysis for commercial real estate investments and BLT portfolio assets across Fairfield County Connecticut. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the asset management and monitoring of the performance of investments and the BLT portfolio. The role is located in Stamford, CT.
- Underwriting and Due Diligence – Conduct property income analysis, market research, cash flow modeling at both the asset and joint venture (“waterfalls”) levels, review of third-party reports, and property inspections.
- Reporting – Prepare periodic reports summarizing asset and portfolio performance for management. Monitor performance relative to budget using weekly, monthly, quarterly, YTD and ad hoc reports. Ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Portfolio Surveillance – Evaluate existing assets through periodic re-underwriting. Assist in expanding the asset management system to enhance portfolio management.
Specifications and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have 1-2 years relevant professional experience in commercial real estate or investment banking.
- Desire to work in real estate finance and possess ability to analyze various property types, including: office, retail, hotel, industrial, multifamily and mixed-use.
- Work effectively under strict deadlines in a team based, capital markets focused environment.
- Be skilled in developing financial models in Microsoft Excel.
- Have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Argus preferred.
- Possess good writing and communication skills.
- Be a proactive self-starter.