The primary purpose of this position is to serve customers in the Twin Cities construction market for ASDCO Construction Supply for seasonal delivery driver and warehouse associate. Direct to customer delivery and customer service is a key responsibility of this role, along with loading and unloading of products and materials as requested. This position is required to interact positively with customers, as the face of the company on job sites. Will also help keep the warehouse and surrounding grounds in neat condition. Strong customer relations, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and keeping up-to-date products knowledge is required. The successful candidate will also assist with customer sales and inventory control.
Education and Experience Requirements
- One-year customer service or sales experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry and sales experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age, clean driving record and pass required DOT physical
- Valid state driver’s license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and ability to learn new software systems
Primary Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Supply Delivery (truck and trailer to deliver materials)
- Assists with product information as part of delivery and customer service responsibilities.
- Loading or unloading trucks, trailers, or other transportation devices; unpacking, shelving or packing items in proper storage locations.
- Ships, receives, stores, or moves materials within the warehouse, loading area or storage area.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information. Keeps records of goods shipped.
- Drive forklift in a safe manner. Keeps warehouse and outside grounds clean and orderly.
- Track upcoming projects and provide competitive quotations as required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Initiative and self-discipline
- Strong work ethic and Customer service oriented
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team setting
- Ability to schedule/coordinate projects to meet deadlines
Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Walking includes moving within a project site, including uneven surface/ground.
- Requires climbing, lifting, reaching and grasping.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. as needed to assist with loading and unloading of deliveries
- The environmental conditions for this position include climate controlled indoor activity to inclement outdoor extremes of cold, heat, dust, wind and various forms of precipitation. Exposure to a variety of noise and equipment vibration.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in warehouse and customer delivery sites. PPE required when in the plant, yard or construction areas may include:
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses / Goggles
- Steel-toed Boots
- Reflective Vest
- Hearing Protection (designated areas)
What we offer (benefits):
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Stock Option Program
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don't just hire anyone. We hire extraordinary people-the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment
The Jamar Company is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.