Established in 1988, Kerr Contractors is a leading heavy civil general contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Woodburn, Oregon. Kerr Contractors is recognized as one of the most technically advanced earth-moving, road building, and underground utility contractors in the region. Our business is founded on trusting relationships, excellent service, workmanship that has enduring character, and meeting or exceeding customer expectations every time. We have staked our reputation on our ability to deliver each of these.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cutting and joining metal parts for fabricating or repairing heavy equipment
- Designing and fabricating the parts required for meeting equipment needs using the manufacturer's specifications.
- Installing or removing any special equipment
- Maintain routine inventory of supplies that are used for operating the welding unit via inspection of stocks and ordering fresh stock as needed.
- Must be willing to work OT and every other weekend.
- Minimum of 3-5 years practical experience in welding and fabrication
- Experience with Air Arc, cutting torches, wire feed, and stick welding.
- Identify universal weld symbols and various materials to be able to both describe and perform proper welding procedures.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Weld with various types of wire and rods
- Determine appropriate repair methods and procedures for both structural and non-structural repairs.
- Ability to read and build from prints.
- Ability to pass a welding test, including a full demonstration of ability.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be dependable and have a good attitude.
- Must have a valid license and clean driving record.
- Competitive Salary
- Community Involvement
- Team Building Events
- Annual Company Events
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
As an equal opportunity employer, Kerr Contractors will hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Kerr Contractors also enforces a zero-tolerance drug policy.