W&M Fire Protection, Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. Based in Connecticut and serving the New England area, W&M offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The inspector is responsible to perform inspections of fire protection systems per NFPA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality courteous service, and by applying experience, knowledge and training.
- Thoroughly complete inspections in timely manner as scheduled and interface with Inspection Coordinator to ensure that the customer receives the work per proposed scope.
- Utilizes an online scheduling calendar to receive and understand the individual scheduled tasks, customer locations, and maintain other company documents as required (timesheets, safety audits, ….).
- Maintain positive customer relationships and review inspection results with customer.
- Turn in required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Maintain equipment, supplies and company vehicle (if supplied) in good working order.
- Study and learn NFPA standards for the inspection and testing of fire protection systems. Stay current with code requirements, industry changes, and obtain NICET certifications.
- Assist Lead Inspector when this person needs assistance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Good verbal / written communication & Customer service skills
Mechanical & Math Aptitude
Exceptional computer & Apple IOs skills
Professional and Organized
Physical ability to lift 50 pounds
Valid Driver's license
F2 certification required
Current backflow certification, or a willingness to obtain
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required
Any prior trade experience, at least 2 years, a plus
Previous experience with the fire protection industry preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s License
NICET Certification is preferred (or willingness and ability to obtain)
F2 Certification required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Industrial, Commercial, & Residential building environment with moderate to high noise levels, and comfort with working at heights
Mostly a physical demanding role. Majority of the daily demand is standing and walking stairs and climbing ladders
Ability to be on the phone and computer consistently throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran