Mainline Fire Protection is a division of Western States Fire Protection (WSFP). WSFP and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Alarm & Detection Technician/Inspector
The function of the Alarm and Detection Technician/Inspector is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing fire alarm equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. This person will also test and inspect the alarm & detection systems and provide accurate inspections reports with all proper documentation of improvements and complications. The Alarm and Detection Technician/Inspector should be a self-motivated, customer service oriented, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Tests all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Responsible for training entry-level employees on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Handle low voltage wiring and corresponding devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
- Perform routine inspections, testing and services of life safety product lines
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Knowledge of NFPA codes is preferred
- NICET I Certification within 2 years
- NICET II Certification within 2 years after NICET I is achieved
- Working knowledge of sprinkler controls, alarm panels, devices and critical components
- Willing to perform testing and maintenance
- Able to complete documentation as necessary; with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to use mobile electronics such as a tablet to record and transmit inspection documents
- Willing to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and service required to correct found deficiencies
- Prepared to read and write English clearly
- Capability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public
- Possess a valid driver’s license; in accordance with Company policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor