HR Works, Inc. is assisting this growing non-profit organization with a new opportunity! This client is a thriving Agency based in Syracuse, New York. They offer employees the opportunity to empower individuals of all ages and abilities to reach their full potential as part of their shared community.
The organization of 1600+ employees provides services to over 3,000 individuals in five primary areas: programs for individuals with Developmental Disabilities or Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI), services for those with Mental Health diagnoses, Clinical Services for those with disabilities and Preschool Education and Consumer Directed Homecare. All services empower individuals to reach their unique level of independence!
We are currently seeking an innovative and energetic Associate Director of Human Resources to join this growing Agency. The position will primarily be responsible for coordinating the Agency’s Human Resources policies and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Working closely with the Associate Executive Director of Human Resources. This position will develop, implement and continually evaluate Human Resources policies, functions and initiatives.
- In partnership with the Associate Executive Director of Human Resources, develop and maintain the Agency’s Human Resources standards and procedures
- Participate in Agency quality improvement activities and initiatives including strategic planning, task teams, fundraising and/or staff development
- Develop and maintain the Human Resources Policy and Procedure Manual and the Agency Employee Handbook, and Communicate relevant updates following the established department guidelines
- Conduct employee investigations and make recommendations; enter related documentation into the Human Resources database
- Provide ongoing direction, coaching and mentoring for employees in the Human Resources department
- Future Staff Supervision Oversight of Benefit and Payroll Administration
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience; this role will supervise a large HR staff
- Strong Payroll and Benefit Administration experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and/or PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Familiarity with payroll and HRIS systems, such as ADP is preferred
- Proficient using MS Office products
- Must have a valid NYS Driver License
This Agency offers a competitive benefits package and opportunity for career development!
This Agency is an equal opportunity organization. They recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.