Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Western States Fire Protection is looking to add an Accounting Intern to its team, for the summer of 2019, at the company's headquarters in Centennial, Colorado. The Intern will report to the Assistant Controller and support the Accounting Department with multiple projects, reports, as well as with day-to-day activities.
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Assist with month-end close
- Process journal entries and job transactions
- Financial and job analysis
- Company Credit Card reconciliations
- Data cleansing and preparation for software conversion
- Ad hoc requests, reports, and projects
- Must be pursuing a degree in Business and/or Accounting
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum Junior level required and recent graduates considered
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Possess sound communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Must be able to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor