Building & Land Technology (“BLT”) seeks a Marina Administrative Assistant.
BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. In the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects. In addition to their multifamily properties, BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
BLT also operates four year round marinas in the Harbor Point area totaling 150 slips and a summer water taxi, and a nearby 180 space parking facility.
- Assist in rental of summer and winter slips and transient rentals
- Manage and administer monthly invoicing, as well as payment collection and resolution of tardy accounts.
- Coordinate with accounting in recording of contracts.
- Manage allocation of berths for short and long term visitors
- Manage and administer monthly invoicing
- Assist in collection of current and past due amounts
- Perform administrative tasks associated with the day-to-day operations of the marinas
- Assist in the management of seasonal marina staff.
- Communicate with customers on maintenance issues and repairs
- Monitor overall condition of marinas and generate work orders as needed
- Prepare daily; weekly; and monthly reports as needed
- Assist in the coordination of special events
- Provide instruction and information regarding the Marinas to patrons and the public.
- Assist in the corporate office in the off season, phone, mail, and special projects.
- Considerable knowledge of various types of boats and docking requirements is a plus.
- Must be willing to work weekends during peak season
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, vendors, and the general public, as necessitated by the work.
- High attention to detail
- Strong communications skills
- Interest and ability to develop relationships with clients on a daily basis
- Customer Service oriented.
- Computer knowledge.
- Sales experience a plus.