Harbor Point Park Activities Attendant
Building and Land Technology (BLT) seeks a part-time (15 - 25 hours/week) park attendant for the park activities. BLT is a Stamford, Connecticut-based commercial real estate firm specializing in office, retail, and residential development. BLT’s latest project – Harbor Point – is a growing downtown hub of activity in Stamford, Connecticut. As an ambassador for the park, and games attendant you will need to be informative and helpful to all visitors. All program equipment must be accounted for and maintained by attendant. The attendant is responsible for setting up all equipment, supervising Park programs, taking pictures and videos of the programs. Candidates must be outgoing and capable of acting as an ambassador for the park.
Job duties include:
- Act as a host for the park, engage with visitors, and facilitate positive visitor experiences.
- Supervise games, set up and maintain the equipment, and participate when necessary.
- Ability to work outdoors in a public setting.
- Ability work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Opening and closing of game area on a daily basis, maintaining a daily log and write-up of activities and park observations.
- Ability to take photos and videos of Park programs.
- Take direction from management staff regarding special assignments.
- Currently pursuing a degree or recent graduate, with interest in hospitality, recreational management, communications, education, customer service, or events management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, interest in capturing images for social media posts.
- Responsible and detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Willingness and desire to get hands dirty.
- Outgoing, fun, curious, mature, positive, and a self-starter.
- Experience or a demonstrated interest in customer service, events, recreation, or urban affairs.
- Can lift 35 lbs.
Position runs April-October, depending on availability.