You’re the best and you want to join a team that appreciates you, where you can create your own opportunities.
Who We Are
We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this a long time here in Northeast Ohio. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you’re the only technician that works in their home. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
Why We Need You!
Because we offer top of the line products and services, we need top of the line Residential Remodeling Professionals who genuinely care about the customer and look at this opportunity as not just a job but a career.
The Big Task
You will complete all handyman, remodels, and maintenance jobs on time, under budget, and with expert workmanship, helping to achieve the company’s financial and growth goals.
Key Sub Tasks & Qualifications
- Maintain communication with dispatch, your manager, parts and installation teams.
- Ability to organize materials list within budget
- Ability to self-manage and direct assistant to maximize work completion time frames
- Ability to prioritize tasks to optimize time and execute work in an assigned time frame.
- Ability to obtain any permits required during a scope of work and facilitate any coinciding inspections required.
- Keep your company truck clean, inside and out.
- Keep your truck inventory up to date.
- Properly complete paperwork.
- Join the on-call rotation.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance.
- Have and maintain a clean driving record.
- Participate in training allowing you to grow and develop as a professional.
- Have or be willing to get the proper certifications. We can help you with this.
- Ability to pass a background check
- 4-year professional handyman or residential remodeling (or labor/construction) experience
- Tools and vehicle (we do have a tool purchase program)
- Ability to lift 35+ lbs
- Smoke-free during working hours
- Understanding the proper usage of installation tools
- Perform job responsibilities as an individual or team
- Technical diploma, state license, certificate of completion, military experience is a plus
Desired Skills and Experience
- General handyman services like drywall repair and replace, exterior painting, interior painting, light fixtures and fan installations, doors replaced, doors repaired, property restoration, carpet installation and repair, general repair, finish carpentry, replacing outlets/switches, testing for and grounding ungrounded fixtures, repairing/replacing/installing electric baseboard heaters. and repairing lighting fixtures
- Remodeling services like bathroom remodels, kitchen remodels, basement finishes, remodel designs, home renovations, home flips, whole home rehab, tiling, framing, flooring installations, countertop installations, cabinet installations, trim and molding installations, landscaping and landscaping design, deck repairs and rebuilds, concrete and asphalt work, roofing repairs and replacement, window repairs and replacement
- Property Maintenance services like deck maintenance, HVAC maintenance, HVAC repairs, plumbing maintenance, plumbing repairs, weatherization, drywall repairs, painting touch-ups, small plumbing, small electrical, toilet and bathroom repairs, concrete sealing, leak repairs, concrete work, door repairs, faucet and sink repairs, water heater repairs and replacements, property turns, snaking and clearing plumbing drains
- Experience with CMHA inspections a plus
- Experience with city POS (Point of Sale) inspections a plus
- Electrical (basic) advanced a plus, and/or we can train
- Plumbing (basic) advanced a plus, and/or we can train
- HVAC (basic) advanced a plus, and/or we can train
If you can achieve the above and you find it fun and challenging - you have just the right amount.
- Our top performers are among the highest paid technicians in Northeast Ohio. You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
- Company supplies, take it home at night, new and safe, super-cool company truck. After 90 days, some exceptions may be made.
- Medical Insurance for health, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability.
- New technology, including iPad & access to integrated software.
- State of the art tools, parts and supplies.
- 401k Plan with a company match.
- Paid Holidays after 90 days
- Paid Vacations after one year
- A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Arco Comfort Air
- Consistent performance offers opportunities for growth within our consistently expanding company, therefore experience as Owner, Operator, Project Manager, Supervisor, Foreman a plus as well.
If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company. If this sounds like you, spend a little time learning about Arco Comfort Air by visiting www.goarco.com. When you're ready, please follow the directions at www.goarco.com/careers to apply for this position. Additionally, you may call 216-587-2800 or stop by and fill out an employment application today!
Equal Opportunity Employer!