Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
Benefits are through the local union organization
Fire Alarm Technician Apprentice
Western States Fire Protection is looking for a Fire Alarm Technician Apprentice. The duties of this position are to assist the Lead Technician in the installation and repair of various low voltage systems and equipment. This position requires someone who is mechanically inclined, self-motivated, customer service oriented and willing to follow direction.
- Complete basic repairs and installations including moves, adds, relocates for all types of systems and devices
- Interact with clients, field personnel and fire marshals
- Read and understand construction drawings
- Communicate and follow direction from Lead Technician
- Experience with Technology products
- Flexible schedule
- Common knowledge of hand tools
- Customer service oriented
- Willing to join the local IBEW union organization (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Fire protection experience is a plus
- NICET I within a year of hire is required
- Possess an understanding of expenses and scheduling
- Hold a valid driver's license; In accordance with Company Policy
- Reliable transportation in accordance with Company Health & Safety Pocketbook
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor