Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Estimator for projects in Southwest Region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
This position is responsible for providing detailed conceptual estimates from pre-construction schematic and design documents and/or from construction plans and specifications for large, diverse, and complex projects.
Key Accountabilities of the role include:
- Prepare bids, conceptual cost models, and budgets; perform quantitative analyses of construction documents and project program requirements
- Review plans, specifications, and pricing. Secure pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers. Perform take-offs and pricing for concrete, rough carpentry, demo, and other miscellaneous scopes of work. Also, define and assemble accurate General Conditions/General Requirements costs.
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, phasing, and staffing
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and presentations
- Build and facilitate collaborative team processes among project participants including contractors, owner/developers, design professionals, and subcontractors
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or related field and 4 – 8 years of experience in pre-construction and estimating. Experience must include K12 and/or health care construction. Additional certifications such as DBIA and LEED are preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the construction field, building systems, subcontractor specialties, regulatory compliance, and technology
- Strong office computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, and On Center
- Ability to travel to client and project sites as required
- Highly developed skills (listening, influence management, consensus development) paired with outstanding presentation skills. Ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus
Adolfson & Peterson Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer