Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP) is a diverse, community-focused nonprofit dedicated to empowering and improving the lives of families living with the everyday barriers of poverty.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Retirement Savings (IPERS and/or 403(b))
- Employee Assistance Program
The Management Information Specialist will assist in composing and mailing letters to medical providers and client families. This position will also assist in maintaining this system includes closing families in the database, conducting satisfaction surveys, and assisting the 1st Five Program with other duties. This role will have access and utilize TAV, CIS, ESS, and Outlook. Maintain a high level of confidentiality when dealing with client files.
SCHEDULE & WAGE
Monday-Friday flexible between the hours of 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, a maximum of 15 hours per week. The position will start 3/18/19 and end 6/15/19. Wage is $16.13 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain data entry requirements by following the data 1st Five program techniques and procedures.
- Prepares data for computer entry by sorting and compiling information and establishing data entry priority.
- Prepare relevant correspondence as needed.
- Scan documents into relevant databases.
- Verify client data by reviewing, correcting, reentering data.
- Combine data from various systems when client information is incomplete.
- Support 1st Five with other duties as assigned.
- Support the organization's mission, vision, values, policy, and procedure by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary
- Consistently come to work on time, working as scheduled, and leaving at the scheduled time
- Maintain appropriate attire and good grooming habits to support HACAP’s desire for safe and efficient operations, providing greater service and better customer relations.
- Ensure confidentiality of any information concerning an employee, client, family, financial condition or personal peculiarities is strictly maintained
- Ensure that personal health information is protected during its collection, use, disclosure, storage and destruction within HACAP as required by HIPAA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year post-secondary education with clerical or computer and one-year database experience
Two years of clerical experience with one-year database experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or education demonstrating competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or education demonstrating competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.