St Anthony's : A Cappella Living Solutions Managed Community
Thank you for your interest in employment with St Anthony's. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment.
Our Vision: A culture of communion continually nourished by the works of charity, recognizing the inherent dignity of the huan person created in the image and likeness of God.
To learn more about our community, visit our website: https://www.stanthonyskc.com/
The Community Life Director is responsible for the strategic development, ongoing growth and overall coordination in delivering services and supervision of our Community Life Programs including the oversight and management of department team members and coordination with other care partners. Develops administers, and evaluates the day to day operational needs and strategic goals of the department. Identifies the person-directed needs and wishes of residents and designs programs to meet these needs. Ensures compliance with statutes and policies.
- Responsible for the supervision of assigned staff, per the direction of the Executive Director. Hires, trains, motivates, leads, directs and evaluates defined staff.
- Using a holistic approach, provides consultation, resources and training for others on life enrichment principles and programs.
- Harnesses the creativity and passions of elders to create a vibrant resident-directed culture.
- Collaborates with all care partners and departments to build spontaneity and meaningful interaction throughout all aspects of daily life.
- Develops and monitors the community life budget; orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Responsible for meeting all statutory, state, federal, local and Organizational requirements.
- Conducts initial and ongoing community needs assessments on all residents and formulates community initiatives and program development based on that information and resident expectation results.
- Assists residents in coordinating monthly resident council meetings. Tracks and records minutes. Ensures follow up by appropriate directors.
- Participates in healthcare resident care conferences as part of the interdisciplinary team process.
- Promotes positive public relations through community use of facilities and through the scheduling of community/home events.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of monthly newsletters and calendars. In addition, continually evaluates to ensure the interests and needs of the residents are met.
- Participates in relevant task forces or committees.
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- College degree in gerontology, recreational therapy, occupational therapy or related hospitality/leisure field.
- At least two years of experience directing programs with a senior population.
- Minimum of 2-year’s experience in a supervisory position.
- Appropriate licensure to drive facility bus.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office