At Abbott, it’s all about providing an exceptional experience — for our clients, our construction partners and most importantly, our employees. Our team is made up of talented professionals who fully embrace the company’s brand pillars of stewardship, collaboration and integrity. They are respectful, hardworking individuals who take pride in what they do and in helping others achieve their goals.
In addition, Abbott’s size, combined with the versatile talents of our team, gives us the unique ability to adapt resources and approaches based on specific needs. This flexibility not only enables us to stand out from the crowd by being a responsive business partner who can quickly adjust to any situation, but also offer diverse and rewarding opportunities to our employees.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading a team and the projects assigned through all phases of construction in alignment with our core values of exceptional customer service.
- Lead a team from conceptual phase of a project to final completion and close out.
- Lead one or more teams simultaneously, in such a manner that both the customer and the company are successful, in terms that are clearly established on a job-by-job basis.
- Lead pre-construction efforts for potential and secured work.
- Set up the customer relationship so that the costs of safety are accepted, that the schedule will accommodate safe operations, and that the right subcontractors can be selected.
- Insure Projects are completed, inclusive of “punchlist” work, on or before the contract completion date.
- Insure project(s) are built in accordance with the plans and specs that are approved by the Owner and Architect/Engineers.
- Responsible for steadily increasing the skills and competencies of project teams under their supervision in all aspects of their work.
- Responsible for clearly establishing customer expectations at the beginning of the relationship and insuring that these expectations are met or exceeded.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and management for their project teams in customer relationships, Abbott business development, estimating, pre-construction, project management, project execution, field operations and team building.
- Completely responsible for the success of the projects under their supervision and the relationship between Abbott and the customer.
- Coordinate with the Business Development Team and the PX Team to determine the estimate date, the type of estimate required, the form of estimate or proposal, and the final presentation of the estimate.
- Responsible for the execution of the projects assigned to them, which includes but is not limited to: setting project goals, insuring timely buyout, submittal administration with all material being delivered on time, attending weekly OAC meetings on a regular basis to ensure that the construction is being executed in accordance with the project goals and within the Owner’s and Abbott expectations.
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills for internal and external purposes.
- Ability and desire to motivate/inspire/develop entire project team.
- Understand accounting, financial statements, job cost, and cash flow.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and comply with our company vehicle safety program
- 4 year degree in a construction related major
- Minimum 10 years’ project management experience
- Experience with OSHPD
Abbott offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, vision, dental, vacation & sick time, 401(k) with match and more.