Night shift hours are 4:30pm to 3:00am
ADF International is looking for an Assistant Production Manager to be responsible for night shift fabrication under the direction of the Production Manager. The Assistant Production Manager will assist in meeting production goals pertaining to production schedules, budgetary considerations, and staffing needs. The Assistant Production Manager direct night shift employees according to production guidelines provided by ADF’s management team.
- Direct and monitor night shift fabrication shop workflow, fabrication progress, and resources necessary to efficiently meet the production schedule and performance metrics
- Advise production manager on staffing requirements and duty assignments based on budgetary and time constraints
- Responsibility for the safe operation, regulatory compliance, throughput and quality of the fabrication shop during night shifts
- Use the A3 and other problem-solving methods to continuously identify and improve areas of weakness or inefficiency during the fabrication process
- Open lines of communication with Production Manager and Foreman to ensure jobs are being completed on time and according to specification
- Coordinate with Production Manager and/or HR regarding employee appraisals, discipline, and annual performance reviews
- Bachelor Degree preferred in Engineering or similar technical field
- Knowledge and use of 5S, A3 and LEAN principles
- 5+ years of relevant manufacturing and production experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in heavy structural steel fabrication
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS, CWB and AISC codes and standards
- Expert knowledge of basic computer functions including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Must have the ability to perform the following activities for varying lengths of time: stand, walk, bend, twist, squat, kneel and stoop on a constant basis; must be able to climb ladders or stairs to work from elevated locations periodically. Often lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 75 pounds; use hands, arms and upper body on a frequent basis. Ability to perform work in variable climate conditions such as but not limited to, hot, cold, dusty, noisy etc. May also be required to wear appropriate respiratory protection should the need arise.
About ADF International
Founded in 1956, ADF GROUP INC. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication, including industrial coating, and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups, as well as miscellaneous and architectural metalwork for the non-residential construction Industry.
ADF Group Inc. operates two steel structure fabrication plants; one of 630,000 ft2 (58,530 m2) in the province of Quebec, Canada and one of 100,000 ft2 (9,290 m2) in Montana, USA through its US subsidiary "ADF International Inc.", where ADF Group Inc. also operates a 48,000 ft2 (4,460 m2) industrial coating plant through “ADF Industrial Coating Inc.”.
Great Falls, Montana
The successful candidate will enjoy not only a rewarding career with ADF International but also will enjoy the many benefits of life in historic Great Falls, Montana—its great schools, safe streets, interesting museums and attractions, its many family-friendly community activities and its congenial small-town atmosphere. Great Falls is also a gateway to Big Sky Country’s great outdoors—to hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, and all outdoor winter recreation.
What we offer at ADF:
- Relocation assistance
- Medical and dental (employer pays 100% of premium for employee and 75% of premium for dependents) and voluntary vision insurance
- Long Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available to our employees and their spouses and children.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (k) plan with a 50% match of the employee’s contribution up to a max of 5%