Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 4 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: BA
Willing to Travel
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
About Building and Land Technology
Building and Land Technology (BLT), founded in 1982, is a privately held real estate developer, manager and private equity firm. BLT is vertically integrated and has invested in, developed, owned and managed in excess of 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000+/- real estate agents. To learn more about BLT visit http://www.bltoffice.com.
BLT is a fast-paced, growth-oriented real estate, development, management and investment company with over five million square feet under management and six million square feet in the development pipeline. BLT is the largest office landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and is the developer of Harbor Point (www.harborpt.com), a seven million square foot mixed-used development in Stamford, North 7, a mixed use complex in Norwalk, the Beacon (www.thebeaconjc.com), an 1,100 unit historic renovation in Jersey City, and numerous other large-scale real estate developments.
ASSOCIATE, COMMERCIAL ASSET MANAGEMENT: We are seeking an experienced real estate associate to join our commercial asset management team in Stamford, CT. The Associate will perform financial modeling, deal underwriting and analysis, market research, transaction due diligence, and business plans and approval memoranda for developments, acquisitions, leasing, financings, and dispositions.
- Must have 4 years related experience in the commercial real estate industry performing research, underwriting, valuation, due diligence and analysis
- Strong finance, modeling and analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills-written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Excel and ARGUS skills required
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university with a strong academic or work background in financial analysis, mathematics, accounting
Additional bullet points for responsibilities:
- Performing macro and micro market research, which may include site visits
- Prepare disposition memorandum for institutional counterparts.
- Interfacing with lenders, equity partners, legal, and other third-party vendors.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios.
- Maintain, update and analyze property valuation files including detailed review of 3rd party appraisals and related property information.
- Organize and participate in the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
- Review and interpret property operating agreements.
- Analyze lease transactions to assist in lease negotiations.
- Participate in property calls with partners, third party managers and leasing agents.
Additional bullet points for qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong cash flow and partnership structure modeling experience
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize