BG was awarded The Denver Post Top Workplaces Award for 2018! If you are looking for a company who is passionate about you, then BG is the employer for you! We are looking for employees who embrace a collaborative work environment, have strong communication skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Work, Grow, Thrive with BG Buildingworks!
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Lakewood, Denver
Firm: BG Buildingworks, Inc. (BG) is a mid-size mechanical, electrical, plumbing, technology, lighting, acoustics engineering design and facility commissioning consulting firm. We have multiple offices located in the Western United States including Avon, Colorado; Denver, Colorado, Ft. Collins, Colorado, and Albuquerque, New Mexico. BG provides a wide spectrum of consulting services related to building and infrastructure design, operation, commissioning and sustainability. Services are provided nationwide and include homes, healthcare, government, education, commercial/mixed-use and hospitality clients. Our corporate mission is to provide client satisfaction and engineering excellence every day! We believe this spirit of excellence permeates everything we do and is vital to the success of our clients and the BG team. We are committed to developing the potential in each employee to empower both personal and professional growth. This translates to our overall success as a team and company. At BG, we value a work environment that is relaxed and innovative, and encourage one another to positively contribute to our culture.
BG has an opportunity for a motivated Project Engineer
Responsible for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas. Requires application of standard engineering techniques and procedures, professional judgment to make modifications or execute complex features or solutions. Uses more advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines. A lead position, this level includes technical direction over a group of mechanical or electrical engineers.
- Works under minimal supervision
- Assists in writing specifications and reviews shop drawings for mechanical or electrical system components.
- Conceptualizes the initial design approach for small to mid-size facility type projects, or has overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities to ensure that project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
- Supervises work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project
- Demonstrates increasing ability to generate projects including preparing proposals and budgets for small to medium projects (indicators are repeat clients, successful proposals, network of contacts, and referrals from clients).
- Manages workload efficiently.
- Demonstrates a developing competence across all technical areas of their work (computer, technical writing, verbal communication, presentation skills; and); learns from experiences; seeks feedback from more experienced staff.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Independent, strong initiative, motivate
- Exercises critical and analytical thinking
- Active listening, gives full attention to what others say and asks appropriate questions
Education: BSARE; BSEE or BSME, licensed P.E.
Experience: 4+ years
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compressed work schedule with Friday afternoons off!
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Paid time off
- Health benefits - medical, dental, vision insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Life insurance
- 401(k) program with company match
- Mobile device assistance
- Continuing education allowance
- Paid professional membership dues
- Employee appreciation events
- A fun, laid back work environment
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a post-offer background check. BG is an EEO employer.