Church Receptionist / Administrative Assistant First Evangelical Free Church of Sioux Falls (FEFC) is seeking a full-time Church Receptionist / Administrative Assistant to join our staff. If you’re an organized, self-starter who enjoys working with people while keeping your faith in the forefront, this job may be for you!
The Church Receptionist / Administrative Assistant will serve the members and attenders of the church by providing reception, administrative and clerical support for the FEFC staff members and ministry leaders.
What you'll do:
- Provide administrative or clerical support to staff members and ministry leaders on various ministry projects
- Prepare and distribute regular communications using a variety of media including, but not limited to, letters, emails, web postings, MailChimp. Ensure all communications are professional, accurate and timely.
- Greet visitors and vendors, keeping a log of daily activity
- Answer incoming phones in a professional manner. Answer questions, take and relay messages or transfer calls as needed.
- Maintain church calendar as assigned by the Pastor of Missions and Operations, update Outlook calendar for weekly review
- Update and maintain visitor, attender and membership information on database– and run reports as needed
- And more!
Education and/or Experience we're looking for:
- High School education required; Post-secondary education in Church Ministry, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Adept at Microsoft Office products and able to learn and use various software programs
- Previous experience in office setting is preferred
What you need to be successful:
- Committed to serving others with humility and a Christ-like manner consistent with the mission of First Evangelical Free Church
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Self-starter motivated to complete tasks in a timely manner without daily supervision.
- Professional. Articulate communicator; Ability to handle issues responsively and with discretion and sensitivity; Ability to maintain confidential information; Possess high integrity
- Able to handle a wide variety of tasks and prioritize appropriately
First Evangelical Free Church offers a competitive salary and benefit package including:
- Health Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The mission of First Evangelical Free Church is “Knowing God and Making Him Known.” Every Sunday, our church body of approximately 450 people join to worship under one roof. Throughout the week, those same people disperse throughout the community, living and sharing their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
First Evangelical Free Church is an equal opportunity employer.