MMC is looking to add an IT Specialist to our team in our Eden Prairie, MN office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and respected company in the construction industry.
What does success look like in this position? MMC’s IT Specialists differentiates themselves through excellent customer service. They own their own development and creates strong relationships across the MMC team. They provide best in class technical support to enable their teammates to perform their jobs as efficiently as possible.
Essential Tasks – IT Specialist
- Desktop Support
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot laptop and desktop computers
- Install and troubleshoot a wide variety of software applications
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot various printers both in the office and on jobsites as needed
- Set up and maintain user account information for network and software application access
- Proactively monitor hardware lifecycles for replacement to avoid downtime
- Troubleshoot and provide support for copiers and similar equipment; be the point of contact for vendors for repairs and maintenance
- Network monitoring/Ensure up time
- Monitor network for problems that may lead to network downtime
- Troubleshoot network issues to develop solution for repairs
- Escalate issues to APi Group as needed
- Respond with urgency to all downtime scenarios
- Own the IT budget
- Source and purchase IT equipment, obtaining approval from Controller
- Ensure appropriate cost allocation
- Manage IT inventory
- Customer Service
- Recognize the importance of other people’s time and the need for timely technical assistance
- Respect the cost associated with downtime and apply the appropriate sense of urgency to issues
- Provide timely communication and updates to teammates regarding technical issues
- Other special projects, as assigned
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or appropriate experience
- Minimum of 3 years IT support experience, ideally in a multi-site position supporting both field and office employees
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Productivity Tools
- Demonstrated customer service skills in the IT Help/Support function
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility for maintaining MMC up time - (may include issue resolution on nights and weekends)
- Willingness to learn and support all platforms and systems
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed role
- Possess a valid drivers license and be able to pass a motor vehicle background check
In order to best support our employees, this position has a required start time each day no later than 7:30 AM (ideally 7 AM).
Occasional travel to job sites may be required.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Company events include volunteer and wellness activities, holiday parties, sporting events, and casual employee get-togethers ranging from summergrillouts to local happy hours