Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and volunteer hours, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
At Balfour Beatty Construction in Burkeville, Virginia we are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to work on a $90 million ground-up commercial construction job-site in the local area. The Senior Project Engineer assists the Project Manager with the planning and daily execution of the construction project. Responsible for maintaining certain aspects of the project schedule, as assigned by the Project Manager, by managing the process of submittal approvals, coordinating the timely delivery of materials and maintaining schedules and budgets to ensure projects are completed with quality, profitability and while complying with our Safety/Zero Harm culture.
- Project Financial Responsibilities
- Preconstruction Services
- Project Start-up and Scheduling
- Project Administration, Coordination, and Close-out
- Promote Customer Relations
- Promote Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Construction Science or an Engineering related field.
- Two years or more of commercial construction office or field experience.
- Proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Local qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Change orders
- Run Subcontractor Meetings
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.