As a result of the expansion of our Design/Build Department, we are currently seeking a Design Engineer to join our team at our Eden Prairie, MN location. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the effort on design/build HVAC, Plumbing, and Piping projects from conceptual design to final construction documents.
- Supervising and providing work direction to other team members on assigned projects.
- Attending and contributing at design meetings with architects, engineers, general contractors and other sub-contractors.
- Visiting jobsites of new construction and remodeling projects.
Ideal candidates will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in HVAC, Plumbing and Piping design.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop mechanical plans, oversee other designers, and guide the entire process from concept through construction drawings.
- Successful leadership and project management skills.
- Familiarity with relevant building codes.
- PE, LEED, certifications a plus.
- Capabilities with Autocad and Revit design software.
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Education Opportunities
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group Inc. and its subsidiary companies are an equal opportunity employer and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.