Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Fire Protection has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The Office Manager supports the Branch operations by maintaining office systems and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle general administrative tasks for the branch
- Acts as a back-up for phone coverage; ensuring accurate information is given to the caller and calls are transferred to the appropriate individuals
- Assist in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, and certified payroll information.
- Opens, sorts, and routes incoming mail, taking extra care with confidential information
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and electrical and mechanical systems such as printers, fax machines, and office computers; orders equipment as necessary and/or calls for maintenance as required
- Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe, secure, and well-maintained
- Collects “Tool Box Talks” and ensures all have read and signed
- Faxing, copying, filing and scanning duties on a daily basis
- Upload documents to Microsoft SharePoint
- Other duties and special projects as assigned as needed
- May provide direction to other Receptionists
- Good oral, written and telephone skills
- Good customer service skills
- Time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Moderate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft products, AS400 system)
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Internet and Adobe
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- One year in an administrative setting or equivalent combination of education and experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required for this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment – moderate noise
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- Will require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- May require light lifting of storage boxes, packages to be mailed, etc.
- May require consistent time spent on the computer and phone throughout the day
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.