Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
- Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending (FSA) (Cafeteria Plan)
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
Fire Alarm Technician
Western States Fire Protection is looking for an experienced Fire Alarm Technician. If you have a strong work ethic and integrity we want you on our team.
The preferred candidate will be outgoing; highly self-motivated, and able to problem solve.
They will have strong communication skills and a professional image as well as able to handle all aspects of a project from install to programming, strong troubleshooting skills, and service work.
- Ability to work on and repair fire alarm, security, access, and video systems from various manufactures. Able to complete installations and repairs per company standards
- Use company software to complete work orders, daily time sheet, and inter-company communications. All work is completed on iPads or iPhones, some minimal technology skills needed
- Analysis and troubleshooting of fire alarm systems including Ground-Faults, Shorts, Wire Integrity, Termination, Panel, Fuses, Battery Testing and much more
- Programming of dialers and fire alarm panels for monitoring utilizing traditional POTS lines, cellular, and IP technologies
- Complete basic repairs and installations including moves, adds, relocates for all types of systems and devices
- Complete final reports, deficiency reports and possible bids via a computer and/or tablet
- Interact with clients, field personnel and fire marshals
- Help grow the business. When slow, be capable of seeking opportunities with existing and new customers. Sales training, business cards, other will be provided
- Read and understand construction drawings
- NICET II certification or willing to receive the certification within 1 year
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years service or install experience is preferred
- Solid knowledge of NFPA 72, Factory Mutual and applicable codes is mandatory
- Able to work independently and also in a group/training environment
- Knowledgeable with programming and troubleshooting multiple fire alarm panel manufacturers
- Understanding of expenses and schedules
- Possess a valid drivers license; in accordance with Company policy, and be willing to travel within the state of Wyoming
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor