LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
LeJeune Steel delivers projects in a wide variety of industries including healthcare, education, sports stadiums, commercial, industrial, warehousing, infrastructure and DOT and rail bridges across the United States and Canada. Our commitment to innovation and continuous improvement is reflected in our use of state-of-the-art technology, software, and equipment in both our office and shops. LeJeune Steel is part of the APi Group of companies and is proud to be a privately held, employee owned business.
Quality Control Inspector
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
This position reports to the Quality Control Manager and will provide you the responsibilities of the following:
Quality Control Functions:
- Hands on inspection of structural steel fabrications and ensuring they conform to Job Specifications, AISC and applicable standards.
- Coatings inspection requirements, SSPC or NACE.
- Communicating quality requirements to Production personnel.
- Providing Shop Floor inspection.
- Providing assistance to third party inspectors.
- Performing in-process checks to ensure the final documentation and fabrication is in conformance to specifications.
- Communicating status of non-destructive examinations with QC Manager and Production Leads.
- Monitoring welder qualifications with production assignments.
- Documenting rework incidences and communicating with Fabricators and Production Leads.
- Sharing best practices with Production personnel and providing support as needed.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in structural steel or bridge fabrication.
- CWI preferred or strong knowledge of the program.
- Thorough understanding of AISC requirements, Building, Bridge or Coatings.
- Experience with destructive and non-destructive weld inspection and all types of measuring equipment.
- Strong blue print reading abilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.