The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for all clerical and administrative functions necessary for successful operation of the office. He/She will efficiently and effectively assist all office and field personnel in administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and coordinate office schedules, meetings, conferences, and company social events
- Provide administrative support for managers and office staff
- Accomplish responsibilities as required using business software as approved by Delta Fire
- Offer suggestions and solutions on improving efficiency of general office procedures
- Other duties and special projects as assigned and required
- Answer phone calls in a respectful and friendly fashion.
- Forward phone calls to the correct individual, after confirming whether or not that person is available. Don't just forward to someone's voicemail--get them in touch with someone.
- Field calls from potential customers and record all contact info if the applicable department is not available. Relay information same day.
- Assist with all paperwork as needed.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Optimizes Work Processes: Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Time Management, Problem Solving, Coordination, and Planning Proficient: Proficiently, accurately, and successfully prioritizing, coordinating and planning tasks, projects, events, meetings, scheduling, and anything else that may be required.
- Demonstrates Support of Managers: Respectfully meeting the demands of and completing the tasks and projects for superiors.
- Maintains an Organized and Presentable Office and Workspace: Understanding the importance of how the appearance and state of the office directly reflects the image of the company.
- Presents Self with a Professional Behavior and Attitude: Presenting themselves in a professional, composed and appropriate manner at all times.