COMPANY SUMMARY: A third generation family-owned business, Shapiro & Duncan has been serving customers in DC, Maryland and Virginia since 1976. The company is known for their award-winning company culture and complex commercial, government and institutional design-build projects that require first-rate performance, work quality and customer service. We specialize in full service mechanical solutions which include engineering, coordination, prefabrication assembly, construction, service and maintenance.
JOB SUMMARY: Install Pipe systems (Plumbing/HVAC) with an emphasis on quality, productivity, training, and teamwork.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial Pipefitting.
- Able to work Monday-Friday with occasional overtime during afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed. Hours may involve start times as early as 5:00 a.m. NOTE: Specific project requirements that may require afternoon or evening/night shifts.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve conflict professionally with the assistance of management.
- Interface effectively, ethically and professionally with all levels of individuals: internal and external executives, internal and external professionals, owners and their staff, line employees, subcontractors, vendors, etc.
- Communicate effectively in English (aural, verbal, and written).
- High School Diploma or equivalent (experience may be substituted for education)
- PREFERRED: Welding Certification that meets the requirements of Section IX of the ASME Code.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, climb, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
- Able to lift up to seventy-five pounds (75 lbs.) without assistance.
- Possess current, valid driver’s license (not under suspension or limitation).
- Able to withstand temperature extremes and exposure to elements (rain, snow, etc.).
- Possess strong desire, willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Read and comprehend CADD drawings and diagrams, blueprints, sketches, fabrication drawings and submittals.
- Able to cut and label cuts accurately.
- Able to layout work ahead of welders.
- Knowledge of how mechanical equipment works
- Basic arithmetic skills, including calculating offsets, including for miter pipe and/or fittings.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe accordingly.
- Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, fixtures using hand or power tools.
- Direct helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipefittings, using hand or power tools.
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing.
- Complete all tasks in a timely matter.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
Click here to see a list of our company benefits: https://www.shapiroandduncan.com/careers-benefits/