At Heiman Fire Equipment, we take pride in creating custom-built fire trucks for our customers. We’re looking for an experienced Shipping and Receiving Clerk to work in our warehouse.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Prepares shipments; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; packs items to ensure safe delivery
- Prepares and prints shipping labels, checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- Process orders based on most economical shipping method; contact carrier and schedule shipping
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received. Send appropriate paperwork to accounting personnel in Ashton, IA office
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel
- Scan and sort items onto pallets according to job specifications
- Delivers items internally and, on occasion, locally.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents
- Assists Company’s Sales Representatives with customer orders or sales inventory
- Maintains accurate inventory of products, shipping materials and supplies
- Make pike poles, water valves and other related fire rescue tools; Repair hoses as needed
- Provide service and sales to customers regarding customer issues and needs; identify and sell products based on customer needs
- And more!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or GED; one year of shipping and receiving or related experience preferred
- Previous experience with fire apparatus preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Certified forklift operator (training will be provided)
- Able to read, write, sort, check, count and verify numbers
- Ability to use computer software program
Bonus points for:
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisor.
- Take directions and do the job as specified.
- Have a good attitude and willingness to want to learn.
- High level of awareness and attention to detail.
- Basic math skills needed.
- Good attendance record.
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Great benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, supplementary insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, 401k plan and profit sharing
- On-site gym which is free for employees!
- On-site rock-climbing wall which is also free!
- Every Friday afternoon OFF! We work Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Fridays, we get off at noon.
Who we are:
Heiman Fire Equipment was founded in 1947 by Jack B. Heiman, and has been family-owned and operated locally ever since. Building on its modest beginnings of selling fire extinguishers to the local farming community in Ashton, IA, the company has evolved into a multi-faceted company with nationwide fire equipment sales, fire truck manufacturing, service, and refurbishments, plastics fabrication, and industrial sales and service. Heiman Fire Equipment is located in a brand-new manufacturing facility and office in Sioux Falls, SD. http://www.heimanfiretrucks.com/
*** EOE *** We e-Verify ***
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply on-line right now!