Company: The Alliance
Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Madison WI
Are you looking to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture? We are seeking a self-motivated and results-oriented individual to join The Alliance team as an Account Manager.
As Account Manager, you will be working directly with the employer members of The Alliance cooperative, connecting the needs of the employers with the products and services of The Alliance in order to reduce the employers’ health care costs in ways that improve health care quality and engage people in their health.
The Account Manager manages and grows a book of business by understanding the changing needs of the employers and connecting them with Alliance services that they value. This key role also builds productive relationships with stakeholders in the market and is the subject-matter expert on marketplace alternatives in the assigned customer segment. The account executive helps The Alliance fulfill its mission by bringing meaningful voice of the customer feedback into the organization.
The Account Manager is responsible for these critical tasks:
- Create, execute, and track account management plans for an assigned book of business that will meet or exceed the retention target.
- Help develop and execute broker and Third Party Administrators (TPA) strategies to meet or exceed overall membership targets.
- Interpret and effectively communicate Alliance data and reports to accounts and brokers so they can make decisions and implement improvements based on the information.
- Through active listening, gather insights and bring the Voice of the Customer back to The Alliance.
- Represent The Alliance and the brand in the marketplace.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Marketing Communications, Provider Contracting, Data Analysis, Claims, Accounting and more to fulfill account needs and resolve account problems.
The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and is highly skilled in active listening and consultative selling. In addition s/he will be:
- Experienced in account management (a minimum of three years’ experience). Health plan offerings and self-funding knowledge preferred.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Articulate and practiced in presenting ideas to a wide variety of audiences, whether in person or in writing and must possess excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Able to analyze, problem solve, synthesize multiple concepts and think strategically.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, human resources or related field and able to obtain Wisconsin Life and Health licenses within six months of employment.
Celebrating 25+ years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 240 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa and contract with more than 18,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces.
In this role you’ll be backed by a strong sales, member services, marketing, customer service, technology and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization with high levels of employee engagement. The Alliance is mission-driven, member-centered, respectful, and supportive of team members.
To learn more about The Alliance visit http://www.the-alliance.org/
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
We Make it Easy
• Applying takes less than 2 minutes. No passwords or accounts to register or sign-in for.
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employers association serving over 3,000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.