W&M Sprinkler Co. Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability. W&M has proudly served the tri-state area for over 20 years, and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
The primary responsibility of the Service & Inspections Administrator is to manage billing and special projects as well as support the department staff with daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May open new service jobs in the system, or assist salesperson in opening, to ensure correct information has been entered to accurately bill and maintain the job and to receive a job number.
- Assists the salesperson in obtaining information needed for each job such as, PO#’s, tax-exempt forms, insurance certificates, utilization reports, credit applications and certified payroll information.
- Maintains an accurate database, updating customer, job & collection information when needed
- Accurately prepares and invoices customer per the requirements of the job and the customer to ensure the customers preferred billing procedures are followed. May possibly include credit and rebills, if necessary.
- Works closely with the customer concerning updates on the job, questions on invoices and/or the receiving of service calls and emergency calls, if needed.
- Works closely with the salesperson/project managers to make sure invoicing is being completed in a timely manner and accurately.
- Scans and uploads all necessary documents into each customer folders/files within the electronic document storage system.
- Works with the collection department to ensure that outstanding bills have been accurately invoiced and all documentation is present.
- Some sales duties as needed.
- Assists with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Requires exceptional oral and written communication skills and organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under stress, despite numerous interruptions.
- Must have exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently with little supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills; as well as, strong general computer skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of two years in an office setting is preferred, with background/familiarity in the fire protection and/or construction industry a plus.
- Previous billing experience preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid State Driver License
- Notary Public a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment with moderate noise level
- Mostly sedentary role with the need to move about the office to copy, scan, fax and file
- May require opening of heavy file cabinets with bending, stooping or kneeling to file
- Requires the ability to work in a shop environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures from time to time
LIMITATIONS and DISCLAIMER:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Davis-Ulmer and its subsidiaries are affirmative action and equal opportunity employers, and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran