The Reducing Embodied-energy And Decreasing Emissions (“REMADE”) Institute is one of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)-led institutes in the multiagency network known as Manufacturing USA. Since it was established five years ago, Manufacturing USA has grown from a single institute to a network of 14 institutes. Led by manufacturing experts renowned in their field, the Manufacturing USA Institutes have attracted over $2B in public/private investments, 1,300 companies, universities and industry associations. Each institute is charged with improving domestic manufacturing competitiveness through innovative new manufacturing techniques, technologies and offer new training and jobs for American workers. The Sustainable Manufacturing Innovation Alliance (SMIA) was selected by the DOE to lead the REMADE Institute in Rochester, NY.
The mission of the REMADE Institute is to enable the early stage applied research and development of key industrial platform technologies that could dramatically reduce the embodied energy and carbon emissions associated with industrial-scale materials production and processing. By focusing its efforts on the technologies that will eliminate and/or mitigate the technical and economic barriers that prevent greater material recycling, recovery, remanufacturing, and reuse, the REMADE Institute seeks to motivate the subsequent industry investments that will be required to complete technology development and deploy these technologies across the U.S. manufacturing eco-system.
The REMADE Institute is seeking a Contracts Administrator to ensure compliance of the Institute with the Department of Energy Federal Cooperative Agreement and associated deliverables. The position will also manage the contract process with members of the Institute and associated project subawards and deliverables. Candidates should have a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Oversees contract workflow processes to ensure adequate internal controls and oversees quality control of data to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of data and compliance
- Contributes to the development of systems and processes that facilitate improved contract administration
- Works closely with all business operations activities to ensure compliance with internal procedures and other agency supplemental regulations, such as reporting
- Ensures that all necessary files are maintained up to date, complete, and easily accessible on SharePoint
- Maintains records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contact information, contractual changes, reports and other documents
- Maintains deadlines and deliverables and ensures staff is aware of requirements with appropriate set back schedule. Maintains Institute milestones and schedule in the Microsoft Azure database and Microsoft Project schedule.
- Prepares written reports, PPT presentations, and maintains Institute database and schedule with most recent information.
- Four (4) years full-time, related work experience showing progressively more complex responsibilities in a relevant role
- Experience in manufacturing, higher education or government contracting
- Strong project management skills, especially organization, scheduling, and process development
- Eagerness to learn and ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and proven ability to format, review, proofread and distribute reports, schedules, and correspondence with the highest levels of accuracy and detail
- Familiarity with relevant Department of Energy regulations and operations
The REMADE Institute does not discriminate in the screening or submission of candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other protected status.
All applicants must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.