At Midwestern Mechanical we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace that individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people, and are interested in being considered for a career at Midwestern Mechanical, we invite you to apply today! Midwestern Mechanical is a Drug Free workplace. Pre-employment drug screens are required.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Fire Protection Sprinkler Fitter 3rd - 4th Yr. Apprentice
The Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice position allows you to learn the skills required of the sprinkler fitter trade while working in a full-time paid employment position with on-the-job training from experienced journeymen as well as company-provided apprenticeship classes one morning every 2 weeks.
The Fire Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice assists in the assembly, installation and repair of fire sprinkler systems in accordance with applicable codes. The Fire Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice is also responsible for delivering high quality work & productivity and is expected to go through the apprenticeship training program to become a skilled Journeyman Fire Sprinkler Fitter. A 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice would have some sprinkler fitter experience already, and would complete the remainder of their apprenticeship training through our program.
- Competent, responsible, organized and team oriented.
- Strong communication and average computer skills.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to follow instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required at all times.
- Works with various types of piping including steel, copper and cpvc.
- Operates powered equipment including hand tools, stationary machines and others.
- Makes decisions and solves problems analyzing information and evaluating results.
- Maintains a high quality initiative while completing assigned duties.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintain a current driver’s license in order to commute to the various current or prospective job sites in the region.
- Overnight travel as necessary within the region for projects.
- Attends required fire sprinkler related classes if not previously completed. (Classes provided by Midwestern Mechanical)
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years experience as a fire protection apprentice or installing fire sprinklers.
Physical Requirements: The job’s functions require the following physical demands:
- Ability to be off of the ground in a scissor lift or other piece of equipment.
- Must have the ability to independently lift and carry objects safely that weighs up to 25 pounds routinely and 75 pounds occasionally.
We offer market competitive pay, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- 401(k) retirement program
- Paid holiday and vacation program
- Job bonuses
- Apprenticeship program
Midwestern Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer