Job Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to serve customers and assist warehouse staff with customer requests in a distribution warehouse setting. Direct-to-customer delivery and customer service is a key responsibility of this role, along with loading and unloading products and materials. This position is required to interact positively with customers. Helps keep the warehouse and surrounding grounds in neat condition. Delivery of materials as requested.
Education / Experience:
- One year ware house experience; customer service or sales experience a plus.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Verifiable experience and training may be substituted.
- Valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record, must pass required DOT physical
Certification, License, Registration:
- Fork Lift Certification/ability to become certified
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists with product information and customer service responsibilities
- Loading or unloading trucks, trailers or other transportation devices; unpacks, shelves or packs items in proper storage locations.
- Ships, receives, stores, or moves materials within the warehouse, loading area or storage area.
- Verifies that orders are accurately filled. Insures that shipments are properly packaged, identified with shipping information. Prepares and keeps records of goods shipped.
- Drives forklift in a safe manner.
- Keeps warehouse and outside grounds clean and orderly.
- Performs supply delivery (using truck and/or trailer to deliver materials) as needed.
- Tracks upcoming projects and provides competitive quotations as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer relations skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to stay current with product knowledge
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
- Efficient and organized
- Customer oriented/professional
- Strong communication skills
- Team, collaborative approach to work
What we offer (benefits):
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Long-Term Disability
- 401K with Match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
For more than 100 years, Jamar has built a reputation as a solid partner delivering solid solutions. And, we don’t just hire anyone. We hare extraordinary people – the kind who:
- Share our values
- Never stop learning
- Care about the community
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Thrive in a team environment