BLT (www.bltoffice.com) is a vertically-integrated developer and operator of both multifamily and commercial properties. BLT is the largest commercial landlord in Stamford and Norwalk, CT and has invested in, developed, owned and managed more than 25 million square feet of commercial, hotel and residential properties across 26 states. In addition to the commercial portfolio, in the last 10 years, BLT has constructed over 4,700 apartment units including 10 buildings (3,000 units) at Harbor Point in Stamford (www.harborpt.com) where they are the master developer, 1,100 units at the Beacon in Jersey City (www.thebeaconjc.com/), 470 units in Danbury (www.abbeywoodsct.com/) and 132 units in Norwalk (www.oneglover.com). BLT currently has more than 900 units under construction in Stamford and Norwalk with a robust pipeline of future projects., BLT is also the largest franchisee of Sotheby’s residential real estate brokerage, with 28 offices and 1,000 real estate agents.
We are seeking an experienced Controller with commercial property and management company experience to join our Accounting and Finance team. This position will interface directly with our Chief Financial Officer, Senior Controller, Property Management and other senior executives.
- Review and approve financial statements, annual budgets, cash flow projections and other reports prepared by the property accountants.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the property managers and asset management team in dealing with accounting matters.
- Review the monthly loan draw requests for TIA and construction projects
- Identify and help research costs savings and process improvement opportunities.
- Interface with outside tax advisors and review annual tax packages.
- Provide support for the annual audit process.
- Analyze mortgage, partnership, and cash management agreements, as well as, commercial leases to determine proper accounting.
- Monitor performance compared to budgets.
- Manage and review the annual CAM reconciliations to ensure billings are in accordance with the commercial leases.
- Manage and mentor property accountants to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Provide support for corporate initiatives such as debt financings, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with other reports and analysis as required.
- At least ten years of accounting experience, with a minimum of five years experience involving all aspects of accounting for commercial real estate assets
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Prior Public Accounting experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Excel,
- Knowledge of Timberline or other real estate accounting software packages is required
- Hard-working, resourceful individual who can flourish in a multi-tasking entrepreneurial environment, meet time pressures of a fast-paced business, and work independently.