Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other. And we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment
Benefits are through the local union organization.
Fire Alarm Technician/Inspector (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)
The function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting, installing, repairing and/or replacing of fire alarm, access control, CCTV and Intercom equipment as well as conducting preventive maintenance services pertaining to many different manufacturers equipment. We are looking for Technicians in the Missoula, Kalispell and Bozeman areas.
- Tests all equipment after installation or repairs made to ensure performance of system
- Work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times
- Daily communications with Project Manager and/or Schedule Coordinator on inspection or project delays, requirements and general status of jobs
- Responsible for training apprentices on Company procedures, systems inspection and installation techniques
- All work is performed to NFPA and Company standards with quality inspection and installation techniques practiced
- Works with Project Manager, Schedule Coordinator and Office Administrative Staff to ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client (Ensure that work is completed so it can be billed in full)
- Participate in scheduled on-call rotation
- 3-5 Years of experience in low voltage systems, including Fire/Life Safety Systems, Access Control, CCTV and Intercom systems
- Possess any licenses that are required by national, state and local codes, to include NICET II certification
- Knowledge of NFPA codes is preferred
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment up to 70 pounds
- Willing to travel at times
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends if required by the customer.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record; in accordance with Company Policy
- Willing to pass a post-offer drug test, background and reference check; if applicable
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor