St Anthony's : A Cappella Living Solutions Managed Community
Thank you for your interest in employment with St Anthony's. We seek applicants for employment who are qualified, dedicated, hardworking, and who seek fulfilling employment.
Our Vision: A culture of communion continually nourished by the works of charity, recognizing the inherent dignity of the human person created in the image and likeness of God.
To learn more about our community, visit our website: https://www.stanthonyskc.com/
The Director of Building Operations provides services related to building equipment upkeep and repair, preventative maintenance and apartment turnovers to support the operations and services of the community. Duties include maintenance and upkeep of the building and grounds and coordination of housekeeping services. Performs all maintenance duties and basic handyman tasks (changing light bulbs, unplugging toilets, handing pictures, etc.) Ensures the community is maintained in a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition
- Develops plan and provides preventative maintenance on all building systems and equipment not maintained by vendors.
- Coordinates and oversees projects, reviews and selects bid proposals and contract services, ensures quality of work performed and adherence to established project specifications.
- Troubleshoots and provide minor repair to equipment or referral to selected vendors.
- Perform required landscape maintenance, grass cutting and trimming, sprinkler repair and maintenance, bush and tree trimming, general pick-up of track, sidewalk snow removal and ice melt application in coordination with snow plow vendor. Empties track receptacles into dumpster and follows schedule for recycling pick up.
- Oversees inventory, supplies and equipment as needed for the smooth functioning of day to day maintenance and housekeeping operations.
- Alters schedule as necessary to meet community needs and to prepare for forecasted storms.
- Responds per community standards to business hours and after-hours alarms, in building, fire and access control systems and other building emergencies.
- Performs or coordinated through vendors necessary work for timely completion of apartment turnovers and minimize lost revenue days, including carpet shampooing, painting and drywall repair.
- Under the guidance and with the support of the Director, assists in developing and complies with the annual maintenance budget.
- On occasion, may support other community functions and positions as needed (including transportation, concierge and community life).
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building maintenance with proven competency in electrical plumbing, heating and cooling, painting, patching, grounds maintenance, vendor relationships, HVAC etc.
- Must be familiar with tools and equipment relevant to the position.
- Must possess basic math skills and demonstrate proficiency with applicable software applications.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess a Missouri MVR in good standing, with reliable transportation.