MMC is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Healthcare Division. This individual will bring experience with mechanical system construction in the healthcare industry to join MMC's industry leading team.
MMC's Senior Project Managers differentiate themselves and MMC through excellent project execution. They own their personal development and create strong relationships with our customers. They sell the majority of their own work. Their skill level allows them to be effective mentors to Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
Our Healthcare Division installs mechanical systems specifically designed to serve sensitive equipment and spaces. Medical gas systems, custom air handling units for operating room air, water treatment systems, and chilled water systems to cool MRI machines - you name it, we’ve built it. In the past 5 years alone, we have successfully completed projects in over 140 different healthcare facilities with over one million labor hours.
Essential Tasks for a Senior Project Manager include:
- Estimating projects for all three trades (Plumbing, Pipefitting, and Sheetmetal)
- Teaching and mentoring Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers in change order estimating
- Proactively assist the MMC team with completing estimates
- Forecasting labor hours
- Scheduling labor
- Communicating and developing positive relationships with the Foremen and Crew
- Recognize the specific safety needs in a healthcare facility to create and execute a plan to meet those needs
- Perform safety audits to ensure a safe work environment
- Communicate safety concerns with Foremen and Crew
- Proactively plan for a safe job site from beginning of the project to the end
- Own the relationship with the customer/owner/general contractor
- Actively seek and develop new business relationships
- Lead and participate in proposal generation and presentation
- Apply a well-rounded mechanical system knowledge to a variety of projects
- Use design skills to create mechanical systems to meet the needs of our customers
- Apply knowledge of building codes and standards to deliver value for customers
- Demonstrate leadership through continuous improvement of self and MMC processes
- Follow Project Management Process Map
- Deliver projects that meet or exceed individual gross margin plan
- Mentor developing Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management
Required Demonstrated Experience
- 10+ years of progressive project management experience in mechanical contracting specializing in plumbing, piping, and sheet metal
- 5+ years construction project management experience specializing in the health care sector
- Success building and maintaining client relationships
- A thorough understanding of health care construction and mechanical contractor industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities
- Experience directing/guiding others using innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Experience preparing estimates in plumbing, piping, and sheet metal projects
- Demonstrable success developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Solid skills using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook) and the ability to gain proficiency in new software systems
- Health Care Construction Certificate a plus
- LEED accreditation a plus
For more than 50 years, Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors, Inc. (MMC) has been designing, building and maintaining complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest. We are a fully-integrated large commercial mechanical contractor. We employ some of the industry’s best talent of engineers, tradesmen, project managers, and customer support. With over 1,400 years of combined experience, you’d be hard pressed to find a contractor who knows more about mechanical systems than we do.
MMC has been involved in the design and construction of some of the most prominent structures in the Midwest including, but not limited to: Walker Art Center, Target Field, Target Center, Xcel Energy Center, Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America, Guthrie Theater, University of Minnesota (Multiple Buildings), Accenture Tower, LaSalle Plaza, and Wells Fargo Center.
Temperature Controls, Plumbing, Pipefitting, Sheet Metal, Ventilation, Data Center Operations and Repairs, Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Contracting, Mechanical Construction, Mechanical Engineering, Specialty Subcontractor, HVAC.
Why work at MMC?
We Work As a Team. MMC fosters a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement. We operate as a team to design, build and maintain complex mechanical systems for some of the most well-known buildings in the Midwest.
- 401(K) match
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Flexible work environment
- Incentives for environmentally-friendly behavior
- Educational Opportunities
Metropolitan Mechanical Contractors is a division of APi Group, Inc. (www.apigroupinc.com), an energetic organization providing leadership to a diverse family of companies dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to the construction industry.
APi Group Inc. and its subsidiary companies are an equal opportunity employer and part of the Drug-Free Workplace Act.