Adolfson & Peterson Construction, one of the nation’s top contractors, is recruiting for an experienced Carpenter for projects in our Mountain States region. We combine more than 70 years of construction expertise with the newest technologies in order to meet our clients' needs. We serve owners, architects, and developers with a commitment to teamwork and quality and are constantly looking for people to help us achieve our company goals.
Because safety is paramount to AP and embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
The role of the Foreman is to directly supervise and coordinator activities of trade staff. May also engage in some of the same construction trades work as the workers being supervised.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Take personal responsibility for working safely within an incident and injury free culture.
- Coordinate, direct, and lead workers engaged in construction activities. Assign work to employees, using material and worker requirements data.
- Supervise crews to obtain top quality workmanship, efficiency, employee satisfaction, morale, communication, commitment, teamwork, and pride.
- Recognize and communicate to the Superintendent or Project Manager any priority projects or problems.
- Act as a liaison with the job estimator. Provide calculations on hours worked, materials needed, and staffing resources.
- Review, verify, and submit employee time sheets.
- Regularly communicate about repair and maintenance needs on all major pieces of equipment on assigned jobs.
- Ensure that employees are trained in all required safety policies and procedures and comply with them.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of progressively more responsible leadership experience and proven results including:
- High school diploma or equivalent with 6 – 8 years of directly related experience.
- Familiarity with construction management software such as Prolog, MS Project, Excel, Sure Trak, and/or AutoCad.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications.
- Proven results in driving safety initiatives and enforcement.
- Current or ability to become current with OSHA and company safety requirements.
- Ability to travel to project sites and availability to accept long-term out-of-town assignments.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record required. Ability to obtain a forklift certification and commercial driver’s license preferred.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Experience in complex business as an active participant in driving growth and change; demonstrated effectiveness in driving operations and executing plans.
- Developed skills (written, oral, and listening) in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build successful and lasting relationships.
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
**NO THIRD-PARTY RECRUITERS**
Adolfson & Peterson is an Equal Opportunity Employer