Carroll Institute in Sioux Falls, SD has been one of the state’s most effective substance abuse prevention and treatment facilities. We have reached thousands in local and regional schools with an individually focused prevention message and have helped additional thousands overcome and begin the healing process from the devastation of chemical addiction.
Excellent career opportunities for Counselors to join us at Carroll Institute. This role will uphold our vision to be the provider of choice for a behavioral health continuum of care for at risk individuals and families. Uphold the vision of the Division of Community Behavioral Health which is to create a system of care that is welcoming, accessible, recovery oriented, integrated and culturally competent.
- Assist in training and orientation of trainee staff as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining/maintaining appropriate certification for groups or curriculum as necessary.
- Responsible for providing recovery oriented, co-occurring capable, stage matched interventions throughout each of the following services:
- Assessment and Diagnostic interviews, Individual, family, or group therapy; Education; Crisis Management; Case Management; Alcohol/Drug testing (Urine Analysis, Breathalyzers, etc.); Discharge and Referrals. Follow up services.
- Responsible for preparation, review and submission of required documentation throughout the treatment process for each individual.
- Intake reports; Treatment Planning and reviews; Progress Notes; Referral documentation; Discharge Summaries; Aftercare planning
- Other reports as required by the Division of Community Behavioral Health or other referral sources.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Responsible for maintaining liaison and working relationships with local referral sources and community agencies. Staff meetings.
- Responsible for working closely with all staff to establish and maintain a welcoming environment that enhances the strengths of each client.
- Responsible to assist in establishing and maintaining good relations with civic, professional, governmental entities, and the community in general by having an active interest in community affairs.
REQUIREMENTS: Eligible to obtain/maintain required Trainee or Certification status with the South Dakota Chemical Dependency Counselor Certification Board within two years of employment. Computer skills Microsoft Suite and ability to learn software programs used at Carroll Institute. Dependability; meet deadlines for documentation for billing and client records; self-motivated to succeed as a Counselor.
- This opportunity is Monday-Friday, FT (40 hrs/week), a minimum of two evenings each week, exempt salary.
Join our engaging, fun environment where we serve our clients and work as a team. Excellent compensation based on education/exp + a benefits package including, Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, ESL, 401k, Training Opportunities.
EOE, Drug Free Workplace