Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 100 individuals. The firm’s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania and Bel Air, Maryland.
Field Services Project Engineer/Manager- shall be in direct responsible charge of engineering work, in direct control and supervision of other staff performing tasks required in professional practice of engineering. Candidate shall be a licensed engineer with at least 4 years of professional practice specific to engineering design of foundations and marine structures with experience from design to construction.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing engineering and construction projects from proposal through construction including managing field and laboratory testing, engineering analysis, managing construction review technicians and entry-level engineers, and consulting with clients;
- Documentation, reduction, analysis, and reporting of field and laboratory data;
- Proposal preparation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Performing and managing construction materials testing, construction review, and interpretation of construction specifications;
- Field investigation and soil laboratory testing, including test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, cone penetrometer testing, and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Field review and analysis for shallow and deep foundations, including installation of drilled and driven piles, and dynamic and static pile load tests;
- Perform field assignments including evaluation of soils and construction material, QA/QC and
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/geotechnical engineering; preference given to candidates with a graduate degree;
- Minimum of 4 years of geotechnical engineering and construction consulting experience;
- Preference given to candidates with Professional Engineering license; NCEES “Engineer-In-Training” required;
- Enthusiasm for engineering, construction, and working in a team environment;
- Diverse experience with a focus on problem solving and difficult field applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to travel to projects within southeastern Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and Delaware
- Valid driver's license
- Possess the physical strength and stamina to repeatedly lift and move up to 50 pounds as well as climb, bend, and stoop for extended periods and in varying weather conditions
- Troxler Nuclear Density Gauge Certification
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification
- Preference given to candidates with ICC Special Inspector Certification (concrete, masonry or steel)
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays in addition to paid vacation and sick time