Classic Industrial Services is dedicated to providing high-quality industrial construction services. We have been in business for over 25 years and our current area of focus includes industrial insulation, scaffolding, siding, and refractory services.
Job Title: Scaffold Superintendent
Department: Denver, CO
Reports to: Construction Manager
Management Role: Non-Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and leads General Foreman, foremen, skilled labor, and work crews in all activities concerned with scaffolding works aspects of a construction project. Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely completion of the project. Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvements where necessary.
- Ability to prepare method statements and procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation. Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all QA/QC and Safety procedures, plus all Company rules and regulations.
- Understands the principals and importance of planning. Monitors and tracks daily progress and work completed, comparing planned to actual. Takes appropriate mitigating action to ensure compliance with the plan, based on knowledge of available manpower, equipment, materials, and in cooperation with planning engineer and project management.
- Ensures that the foremen understand and implement the work plan, by explaining and engaging in pro‐ active communication with the crews.
- Reviews quantities of materials received or used during specified periods, in order to minimize wastage and inefficiency.
- Ensures that all work is in conformity to standards and specifications. Interprets specifications and discusses deviations from specified scaffolding procedures to ensure full compliance with QA/QC inspection plans and procedures.
- Assist the Craft Personnel and Training Department with training of craft personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Construction industry experience is required
- Fabrication experience is a plus
- Mechanically inclined
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record; in accordance to Company Policy
- Willing to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
Formal Education and Experience Required:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Up to 50 pounds.
- Walk (move, traverse) 45% of Day
- Used hands/fingers to handle or feel (operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect, position) 10% of Day
- Climb (stairs, ladders) or balance (ascend/descend, work atop, traverse) 5% of Day
- Talk/hear (communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, exchange information) 10% of Day
- See (detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, asses) 85% of Day
- Reaching 5% of Day
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions:
This position is primarily office based and most work is done in an office environment. Occasionally this position may require site visits to active construction sites to make measurements and review the physical conditions on a project site. On a construction site, the employee may be required to climb ladders and walk in areas under construction. While on construction sites, the employee must wear proper protective equipment such as hard hat, eye protection and hearing protection as necessary. The employee must be familiar with all company safety equipment and is required to follow company safety procedures, prior to entering the construction site.
Equipment and Tools:
Equipment used for job:
Constructions site visits may require: Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, High Visibility Vest, Etc.
List tools: None
List vehicles driven:
Valid state issued driver’s license and a safe driving record required to operate company vehicle
Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Classic is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.